Sound Systems - details & rates
How to select the sound system you need
- Voice only applications - minimum of 1/2 watt per person (250 Watts would cover an audience of 500) - "Small Vocal" system is recommended, or "Large Vocal" system for wide area outdoor coverage.
- Music accompanied singing to tape/CD or a few acoustic instruments - minimum of 4 watts per person (2,000 Watts would cover an audience of 500) - "Small Club" system is recommended, or "Small Vocal" system for rooms under 150 people.
- Contemporary pop/light rock band - minimum of 8 watts per person (4,000 Watts would cover an audience of 500) - "Small Club" or "Large Club" system is recommended.
- Hard rock or metal band - minimum of 12 watts per person (6,000 watts would cover an audience of 500) - "Large Club" system is recommended.
- Audience sizes over 2,000 - "Stadium" system recommended.
- At least double all power requirements for outdoor settings.
The above power requirement guide is only intended as a rough estimate. Venue size, shape, acoustics, stage area, music styles, band performance, etc. are all factors that can influence sound system power requirements. These estimates assume optimal acoustical conditions and MINIMUM power requirements
for ANY supplier's sound system, and are provided only as a quick estimate in calculating the sound reinforcement expenses for your event.
All systems include mixer, microphones, effects processors, cables, and other ancillary equipment. Call or e-mail for details.
- "Small Vocal" system - Two full range speakers on tri-pod stands. About 500 watts
- "Large Vocal" system - Four full range speakers for wide-area coverage. About 1,000 watts
- "Small Club" system - Two subwoofers and two mid/high speakers. About 9,000 watts
- "Large Club" system - Four Subwoofers and four mid/high speakers. About 18,000 watts
- "Stadium" system - Variable configurations of a Four-Way system. About 25,000 watts - 55,000 watts
P.A. system including delivery, setup, and operation throughout the duration of the event
- $200 - "Small Vocal" system without monitors
- $250 - "Small Vocal" system with up to 2 monitors
- $300 - "Large Vocal" system with up to 2 monitors
- $450 - "Small Club" system with up to 4 monitors
- $550 - "Large Club" system with up to 5 monitors
- $800 - $1,200 - "Stadium" system with up to 6 monitors
- $35 per hour of performance time or per band playing, whichever is greater.
Variations in system setup needs may increase or lower rates.
Travel expenses may also apply. Estimate $0.50 per mile round trip) from Zip 75020
Ask for details on how you can qualify for discount rates.
"E-Z" system (P.A. system only, no sound crew)
- $150 - An easy to use complete portable system (two speakers, amplifier, 12 channel mixer, effects processor, CD/Cassette player, iPod cable, and 2 microphones)
- additional microphones available, and connect your own instruments (keyboard, guitar, etc.) if applicable
- add monitor wedge(s) - $ 25 each
- add a subwoofer - $75
for any questions.